Change Moderator Message Approval Expiration Days
Any mails sent for moderation(Approval or Decline) will be expired in two days in Exchange Online.
For more information : Manage Message Approval
The message that’s waiting for approval gets temporarily stored in a system mailbox called the arbitration mailbox. Until the moderator decides to approve or reject the message, deletes the approval message, or lets the approval message expire, the original message is kept in the arbitration mailbox, It is all managed by RetentionPolicyTag assigned to a "Arbitration Mailbox" , By increasing the time limit for retention period for this tag we will be able increase message expiration time period.
How to increase this limit for more than 2 days, Below are the steps:
- Connect to Exchange Online Powershell
- Run Get-RetentionPolicyTag ModeratedRecipients | fl AgeLimitForRetention
- You will see it as 2 days.
- Increase it to preferred date(Tested with max 5 days)
- Set-RetentionPolicyTag ModeratedRecipients -AgeLimitForRetention 5.00:00:00
Resolution : Change Moderation time Limit